Frank Bodin is one of the most renowned advertisers in Switzerland. From 2001 to 2018 he was Chairman & CEO of Euro RSCG and Havas, one of the largest, strategically and creatively leading agencies in Switzerland. In his career, he has served virtually all major clients. He also has international experience: He restructured as CEO Havas in Austria (2011 – 2013) and was Chairman of the European Creative Council of Havas (2011 – 2016). As Chairman of the Global Creative Council (2014 – 2016), he was most recently jointly responsible for 75 countries.
Frank Bodin is President of ADC Switzerland, Communications Council of ks/cs Kommunikation Schweiz and a member of numerous administrative, foundation and advisory boards. He is also a member of the advisory board of the Center for Communication at the Hochschule für Wirtschaft Zürich (HWZ), guest lecturer at several universities and a sought-after speaker at home and abroad.
He studied piano at the conservatory and law at the University of Zurich. He has received numerous awards from all major competitions worldwide and was Advertiser of the Year.
His latest book “Do it, with love – 100 Creative Essentials” is a bestseller in its seventh edition.
Other current activities and functions
- Member of the Board of Directors of furrerhugi.holding ag (comfederation) and furrerhugi.ag
- Twitter Ambassador Switzerland
- Kingfluencers (Full Service Influencer Marketing Platform), Advisory Board Member
- President ADC Switzerland
- Gamb (Power to the Merchants Ltd. on the Blockchain), Advisory Board Member
- TrustedHealth (Health Ecosystem engineered on Blockchain), Advisory Board Member
- HWZ University of Economics Zurich, Center for Communication, Advisory Board Member
- Swiss Media Forum, Advisory Board Member
- KS/CS Communications Switzerland, Executive Committee Member
- Swiss Camerata, Member of the Board of Foundation
- MyHandicap, Member of the Board of Foundation
- Cybathlon, Ambassador
- Human Touch Apps, Co-Founder
- Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO), Member & Past President
Other former activities and functions
- Chairman & CEO Havas (2012 – 2018)
- Chairman Gobal Creative Council of Havas (2014 – 2016)
- CEO Havas Worldwide Wien (2011 – 2013)
- Chairman & CEO Euro RSCG Switzerland (2001 – 2012)Communicators AG, Board Member (2003 – 2014)
- Communicators AG, Board Member (2003 – 2014)
- lsa leading swiss agencies, President (2007 – 2010) and Executive Committee Member (2004 – 2016)
- Member of the Club of Rome Swiss Chapter
Awards and honors
- Advertiser of the Year 2009
- Man of the Year 2014 Havas Europe
- Hundreds of awards received from all major festivals worldwide including several Grand Prix, Cannes Lions, Clio Awards, One Show, ADC of Europe, The New York Festivals, Andy Award, Global Pegasus Award (the only Swiss recipient), Eurobest, Epica, ADC New York, and many more
- Member of the Jury at Cannes, Clio Awards, One Show, and many more; Jury President of the Golden Drum and the AdPrint Festival
What does Frank Bodin keep in his USM furniture?
- Always with him: fountain pen and notepaper.
- A gift from a good friend from Russia (not Putin).
- 7Q – a self-developed tool with seven questions for better communication quality.
- Inspiration for everyday life – the book “Do it, with love”.
- Different door hangers for different moods.
- The dream car of his youngest daughter Ayleen.
- The “Bible” of his former digital agency.
- Yes, he too is well known.
- A postcard by Joseph Beuys about the relationship between art and advertising.
- An analog Hasselblad with a digital back.
- A ballpoint pen, which he received from a Nobel Prize winner.
- Always ready for a journey.
- Emel’s last album.
- In progress: his new composition for piano and orchestra.